We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cake decorating
- Lemon icing
This is an easy icing recipe that you can use to ice virtually any cupcake. Why not get creative and think of others?
21 people made this
- 125g icing sugar
- 20g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Flavour options
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 50ml passion fruit pulp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- Combine first three ingredients in a bowl and mix well, until glossy and smooth. Choose one of the flavour options and add to the mix. Mix till the icing is glossy and spreadable, not too thick and not too runny it drips off the cakes. If your icing is too thick, add more liquid; if it is too thin, add more icing sugar.
- Ice your cakes using a knife. If you are decorating after spreading the icing, do so before the icing sets entirely.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(12)
Reviews in English (8)
made this in lemon flavour to top lemon cupcakes & was delish! (I added a wee drop or 2 of lemon oil too!)-13 May 2016