We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Main course
- Chickpea curry
This delicious chickpea and tomato based curry with a blend of fragrant spices is warming and healthy. Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt, a sprig of coriander and warm naan for a fab vegetarian meal.
32 people made this
- oil for frying
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 (400g) tins chickpeas, drained
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:45min
- Heat a generous glug of oil in a large pan. Add onion and garlic to hot oil and stir over a medium heat until soft.
- Add chilli powder, salt, turmeric, paprika, cumin and coriander. Stir over heat for 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas and tomatoes. Cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Add garam masala. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes more. Serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(20)
Reviews in English (22)
Altered ingredient amounts.I used the same amount of spices but I also added 1 tsp of chopped ginger root, and I only used 1 440g tin of chickpeas and tomatoes, as I only wanted half the amount. It was lovely, as I like my food a little more spicy! Even my non-vegie husband enjoyed it, esp as I made him tandoori chicken too!-02 May 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Altered ingredient amounts.Halved the recipe ingredients as was only cooking for two, also added in a pinch of sugar to balance it out.-22 Apr 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)
This was delicious! I can highly recommend it. I only made a half recipe as it was just for 2 people, but I left spice amounts the same. Spice mix was just right. Thanks Kate!-02 May 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)