We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
A simple recipe for homemade pickled cucumbers - I add a few carrot slices to my cucumbers, though you can choose to leave them out. These are a real treat for those with an abundance of cucumbers in their garden.
111 people made this
- 5kg small cucumbers
- 1-2 onions, sliced into thin rings
- fresh dill sprigs to taste
- 1-2 carrots, sliced
- pickling spice
- 1.25L vinegar
- 2.5L water
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 250g sugar
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:40min
- Wash the cucumbers, remove stems and fit them into the sterilised jars. Add the onion rings, dill, carrots, cucumber slices and spices to the cucumbers.
- Boil the vinegar, water, salt and sugar to the boil. Pour the hot brine into the jars of cucumber and spices and seal immediately.
- Put the jars into a large pan full of water at 80 degrees C and sterilise for about 20 minutes on the hob. The jars should be covered my at least 3 cm of water.
How to sterilise jars
Learn how to sterilise jars two ways with our handy step-by-step guide and video.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (2)
Something else.We're just making this but we've sterilised the jars beforehand. Great recipe though, thanks!-28 Oct 2010
Just tried this for the first time. The recipe doesn't state how much pickling spice to use or how long they need to sit before they are ready. Or where do I store them? Hopefully they work out.-06 Feb 2015(Review from this site AU | NZ)